The Advice to Princes Tradition between the Hundred Years’ War and the British Interregnum
Segnaliamo la call lanciata dal Dipartimento di Studi Linguistici e Letterari dell’Università degli Studi di Padova. Deadline 29 Febbraio.
Topic suggestions include – but are not limited to:
● Literature of advice to princes in Latin and English
● (Dis)continuities between the Medieval and the Early Modern advice tradition
● Relationship between counsellors and counselled
● Relationship with politics and history
● Relationship between literature and political theory
● Advice to political actors and its literary echoes in the British Isles
Keynote speakers: Raluca Radulescu, Bangor University Andrew Hadfield, University of Sussex Proposals for 20-minute individual papers can be sent to: alessandra.petrina[@]unipd.it and should include a 350-word abstract and a 100-word biographical note. The deadline for submitting proposals is 29 February 2024. Notification of acceptance will be sent by 31 March 2024.
Scientific and Organising Committee: Alice Equestri, Alessandra Petrina, Sibilla Siano, Allison Steenson.Stampa questo articolo